Blog Soulmate: Book Brats


Every week, we'll announce a new recipient for our BLOG SOULMATE AWARD! This is our way of helping spread the word about these awesome bloggers we love!

Our BLOG SOULMATE Award for this week goes to:

Megan from . . .

Blogging since June 2011
Find her on: Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads
  1. What made you decide to start blogging?
    I had started a book club for a website I'm a member of, and when I started reading more into book blogs, I decided that it would be something fun for me to do while I searched for a job. Seven months later, still no job (saving the world - and destroying it - are not hiring sadly, but I have hopes!), but my blog has definitely kept me active and away from boredom.

  2. Favorite and least favorite things about blogging?
    Favorite thing - interacting with other fans and discovering new books. Without my blog, I wouldn't know 90% of the books that came out, but now that I have a reason to research, investigate, and work with publishers and authors, I am much more informed about books, the publishing industry, and what it takes to be an author - which is my eventual goal.

    Least Favorite thing - Drama. I know the stigma against negative or critical reviews is running high right now, and knowing that I do post negative reviews about books hangs over my head. I'm afraid that disliking a book will come back to haunt me one day!

  3. If you could hang out with ONE author, who would it be and why?
    Does Tina Fey count as an author since she wrote Bossypants? LOL.

    Okay, more seriously, I would say China Mieville. Yeah, he's rather obscure still, but some of his novels are highly influential, especially PERDIDO STREET STATION and the Bas-Lag Trilogy. Steampunk, fantasy, science fiction, urban fantasy. His goal is to write a book in every genre, and so far, I'm loving everything! And he's a political activist. I think he'd be awesome to meet and chat with.

  4. What is the ONE book you tell everyone they 'have to' read?
    BRAVE NEW WORLD by Aldous Huxley. You have not read dystopian fiction until you go back and read some of the first, most important works in the field.

  5. Do you have any bookish guilty pleasures?
    I am a big fan of contemporary romances for adults in the vein of DEVIL WEARS PRADA, CONFESSIONS OF A SHOPAHOLIC, anything by Madeleine Wickham and Jane Green, etc.
Now tell us 5 random, non-bookish things about yourself:
    • I collect postcards from around the world, or I did until postage became too expensive. I also collect fridge magnets and snow globes.
    • My favorite TV show of all time is FARSCAPE - yes, that show from the Sci-Fi Channel that had muppets. My top five favorite movies are science fiction related. I am a nerd.
    • I have accidentally appeared on CNN, ESPN, NBC, ABC, and the New York Times. .
    • Lee Pace touched my shoulder once and it was awesome.
    • I once had a pet groundhog who then proceeded to dig a burrow in my air conditioning vents and ruin the flooring of my house.

3 comments:

  1. Great post! OMG a pet groundhog? That's awesome. I mean, other than it ruining your house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee Pace? *sigh* Jealoous!!!!!!!!!!

    Accidentally appeared on tv? Say more :) Please?!

    You're right. I do need to read Brave New World.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, I've accidentally been on television multiple so many times. I was just staring at the camera behind the host of Black in America 2 on CNN in 2009 for about 12 minutes, and I was on Jeopardy three times as a blob in the audience. And some poor Japanese family's photo when I tripped into the picture.

    And yes, Lee Pace is like...OMG. He's one of the sweetest, nicest actors ever (that I've met - and I've met a few).

    But thanks so much for featuring me, guys!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs The Artists' Faeries Lovely Papers by Lorie Davison